You are here
Home > Top Stories > Toll cubicles to be eliminated, GPS-based toll assortment inside 1 yr: Nitin Gadkari

Toll cubicles to be eliminated, GPS-based toll assortment inside 1 yr: Nitin Gadkari


Image Source : PTI

Advertisement

FASTags, which facilitate digital cost of charge at toll plazas, was launched in 2016.

India will eliminate toll cubicles and implement full GPS-based toll assortment inside one yr, Road Transport and Highways Minister Nitin Gadkari mentioned on Thursday.

He mentioned 93 per cent of the automobiles pay toll utilizing FASTag, however the remaining 7 per cent have nonetheless not taken it regardless of paying a double toll.

 
“I want to assure the House that within one year all physical toll booths in the country will be removed. It means that toll collection will happen via GPS. The money will be collected based on GPS imaging (on vehicles),” Gadkari mentioned within the Lok Sabha throughout Question Hour.

ALSO READ: FASTag customers utilizing Mumbai-Pune Expressway to get THIS a lot cashback

The minister mentioned he has instructed police inquiry for these automobiles which don’t pay toll utilizing FASTags. There are circumstances of toll theft and GST evasion circumstances if FASTags aren’t fitted in automobiles.

 
FASTags, which facilitate digital cost of charge at toll plazas, was launched in 2016.

From February 16, automobiles with out FASTag are required to pay double toll charge at digital toll plazas throughout the nation.

Making the tags obligatory would additionally assist in making certain that automobiles go seamlessly by way of the toll plazas, because the charge cost could be completed electronically.

Gadkari mentioned new automobiles have FasTags fitted in them, whereas the federal government has mentioned it would give free FASTags for previous automobiles.

Latest India News



Similar Articles

Leave a Reply

Top